Billing and insurance details can be among the most complex parts of your hospital experience. At Baptist Health Floyd, our goal is to make this as simple as possible. The Patient Registration Department will pre-admit as many patients as possible by either telephone, e-mail or mail response in order to verify insurance coverage and/or determine, as soon as possible, the patient’s financial responsibility for services. For inpatients or observation patients, Insurance Verification staff will verify eligibility and benefits within 24 hours of admission.
Understanding Your Bill
When you are admitted to Baptist Health Floyd, a billing account is set up in your name. All hospital charges will be made on one bill, including itemized charges for:
- Laboratory tests
- Imaging and radiology (CT scans, X-rays, etc.)
- Hospital room (the daily rate for your hospital room includes: nursing care, meals, local telephone charges, linens, housekeeping services and supplies)
Your doctor(s) will bill you separately. Depending on your tests or treatments in the hospital, you may also receive bills for professional services rendered by other specialists. For example, pathologists, radiologists, cardiologists, anesthesiologists and emergency physicians will all submit separate bills.
If you have questions about bills that did not originate from the hospital, please contact the billing agency at the number printed on their statement.
Billing Your Insurance
All insurance plans are private contracts between patients and their insurance companies. As a courtesy, we attempt to verify your coverage and obtain payment from your insurance company. However, you are ultimately responsible for payment of your hospital bill.
Please review your insurance plan carefully, as many plans require preadmission authorization from your insurance company and/or second opinions. You are responsible for meeting these requirements to maintain your coverage.
Questions about Your Bill?
If you have any questions regarding your hospital bill, or related concerns, please call (812) 949-5860 and ask to speak to a patient account representative.
Financial Assistance Program
Consistent with our mission to exemplify our Christian heritage of service and to enhance the health of the people and communities we serve, Baptist Health offers a Financial Assistance Policy to provide financial assistance to eligible patients in meeting financial obligations for the medical care provided to them by Baptist Health hospitals.
ELIGIBILITY AND ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE UNDER OUR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE POLICY
Once you have utilized all other payment options (e.g., Insurance coverage, health spending accounts, Governmental assistance programs, etc.), you may be eligible for financial assistance under Baptist Health’s Financial Assistance Policy. Here are the levels of discounts available for eligible patients:
- Uninsured or Underinsured Discount – If you are uninsured or your insurance does not cover emergency or medically necessary care provided by a Baptist Health hospital, then you will be allowed a discount that limits your payment responsibility to the amounts generally billed to individuals who have insurance covering such care.
- Partial Assistance – If your family income is between 200% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level, then you may be eligible for partial assistance.
- Full Assistance – If your family income is less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, then you may be eligible for full assistance.
- Catastrophic Assistance –If your family income is below 1,200% of the single federal poverty level, then you may be eligible for a discount so that, in any calendar year, your total financial obligation does not exceed 20% of your combined sum of income plus net assets.
Any patient that is eligible for financial assistance under our Financial Assistance Program will not be charged more for emergency or other medically necessary care than the amounts generally billed to individuals who have insurance covering such care.
HOW TO APPLY
You may apply for financial assistance by submitting a completed financial assistance application form and the documentation that is requested in the application form to the Financial Counseling Office at Baptist Health Floyd. To learn more about our application process or to obtain a free copy of our Financial Assistance Policy and a free copy of the financial assistance application, please visit us online at www.baptisthealthkentucky.com/financial-aid or in person in the Financial Counseling Office at Baptist Health Floyd located at 1850 State Street, New Albany, IN 47150. You may also contact our Financial Counseling Office by telephone at 812-981-7289 or 812-949-5726 to request that a free copy be mailed to your home address or to speak directly with a Financial Counselor about our Financial Assistance Policy.
This summary, our Financial Assistance Policy, and a financial assistance application form are also available in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Serbo-Croatian.
Click to view the Financial Assistance Application Cover Letter and Checklist.
Click to view the Financial Assistance Policy .
Click to view/print the Financial Assistance Application.