Grand opening of Heart & Vascular Center and Critical Care Areas
- Only hospital in Southern Indiana with 24/7 Interventional Team
- Two dedicated open-heart operating rooms, and two cardiac catheterization labs
- All private patient rooms in critical care units
- Introduction of Universal Bed Concept in the Cardiovascular Care Units, where clinical staff changes the level of care around the patient, allowing the patient to be admitted and discharged from the same room
||Performed 1st open-heart surgery on Russ Witt, a retired police officer who had been treated for life-threatening injuries at Baptist Health Floyd in 1996 when he was shot in the line of duty
||Grand opening of Baptist Health Floyd Emergency Center
- 42-bed Emergency Center, 2 level-two trauma rooms, fast track area
Installation of a new 64-Slice CT Scanner with cardiac diagnostic capabilities
||Introduction of a vascular screening program that checks for peripheral artery disease, carotid artery disease and abdominal aortic aneurysm
||Baptist Health Floyd’s Vascular Lab is re-accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) (Also re-accredited in 2010).
||Baptist Health Floyd receives top cardiac ratings from HealthGrades, a leader in the field of independent healthcare quality measurement, including:
- 5-Star Rating for Coronary Bypass Surgery and Treatment of Heart Failure
- Ranked Among the Top Three Heart Surgery Programs in Indiana
||Cardiac Cath Lab and Emergency Center launch 60 Minute Team to improve door-to-ballon time for heart patients
||Baptist Health Floyd joins Mission: Lifeline with Louisville Metro EMS and the American Heart Association. The program supplied EKG technology to local ambulances with the ability to transmit results to the hospital to reduce treatment time for heart attack patients.
||Baptist Health Floyd is Best Rated in Louisville/Southern Indiana for overall cardiovascular services and surgery by HealthGrades
Baptist Health Floyd’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program receives re-certification by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
||Baptist Health Floyd Emergency Center first in Southern Indiana to successfully utilize therapeutic hypothermia treatment on unconscious heart attack patient
||First in region to offer minimally-invasive cardiac bypass surgery (MICS)
||60 Minute Team achieves 74 minute average for door-to-balloon time, exceeding the national average of 90 minutes
||Baptist Health Floyd Ranked #1 in State of Indiana for Cardiac Surgery and Best Rated in Louisville/Southern Indiana for Cardiac Surgery and Overall Cardiac Services by HealthGrades
||Over 800 open-heart surgery cases completed
Watch the Red Glove Dance video on our home page and check out our facebook page to see what our employees and patients thought about it.