To determine whether you may benefit from a sleep evaluation, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you regularly have difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep?
- Do people tell you that you snore, or that you gasp for breath when you sleep?
- Are your legs active at night? Do you experience tingling, creeping, itching, pulling, aching or other feelings in your legs while sitting or lying down that may cause a strong urge to move, walk, or kick your legs for relief ?
- Are you so tired when you wake up in the morning that you cannot function normally during the day?
- Does sleepiness or fatigue persist for more than two to three weeks?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a complete sleep evaluation may be needed. To consult with a Sleep Specialist, contact the Sleep Disorder Center at Baptist Health Floyd at (812) 949-5550.