Baptist Health Floyd is now offering lung cancer screenings for patients interested in knowing their risk of developing the disease. The test utilizes computed tomography (CT) technology, and is quick and painless.
- Appointments available Monday-Friday, 7 am to 5 pm
- No physician order required; screenings can be either physician or patient-directed
- Same-day review of your results
- Special rate of just $175 self-pay (screenings are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or other insurance plans)
- CT lung cancer screenings help to detect lung cancer nodules at the earliest detectable stage, many times before symptoms present themselves. This has been shown to reduce lung cancer deaths by as much as 20 percent in high-risk populations.
Those with the following risk factors should consider screening:
- History of smoking, and age 50 or older
- Family history of lung cancer
- Exposure to secondhand smoke
- Exposure to asbestos
- Environmental exposure to chemicals
- Symptoms of cough that won’t go away, wheezing or shortness of breath
Interested in Scheduling a Lung Cancer Screening?
Call (812) 949-5570 to make an appointment today.