Obtaining the proper amount of sleep is critical for giving your body the rest it needs and performing at the highest level possible during the day. Following these tips will help you achieve a restful night’s sleep:
- Maintain a regular bed time.
- Establish a regular, relaxing routine before you go to bed.
- Create an environment for sleep that is dark and comfortable.
- Sleep on a mattress and pillow that you find comfortable and fits your individual needs.
- Finish eating 2 to 3 hours prior to sleep.
- Exercise regularly, at least a few hours before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol before bedtime.
If you have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, feeling unrefreshed after sleep, feel drowsy while driving or suffer from excessive sleepiness during the day, contact the Sleep Disorders Center at Baptist Health Floyd at 812-949-5550 to arrange a consultation with a certified Sleep Physician.