Baptist Health Floyd is committed to the communities we serve and is proud to offer several free or discounted health education activities and screenings aimed at improving the health of our community. In addition to the community benefit activities we take part in, we provide health care for our communities through our hospital, medical offices, urgent care centers and home health services.
As a non-profit organization, we must be good stewards of our resources in order to best meet the health needs of the communities we serve. When community groups or organizations seek support from Baptist Health Floyd, either monetarily or in-kind, we will consider opportunities that meet at least one or more of the following criteria:
- Improve the health of our community; see Baptist Health Floyd’s Community Health Needs Assessment for identified health needs
- Support the education and development of healthcare professionals
- Improve the lives of people who are medically underserved
- Demonstrate clear, measurable annual goals that benefit the health and well-being of the community
Excluded from consideration are:
- Requests from organizations outside areas in which Baptist Health Floyd provides services
- Requests from religious organizations for religious purposes
- Requests from individuals not working on behalf of an organization
- Requests from primary or secondary schools or school-related organizations such as youth sports leagues, etc.
- Requests from political organizations
- Requests for capital improvement projects
- Requests for annual operating support or debt reduction
Requests for support must be submitted to Baptist Health Floyd’s Marketing and Public Relations Department by calling 812-948-6728. If a personal meeting is needed, the Marketing Department will initiate it after a preliminary review of the request. Requests must be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of the date of the event or project. Requests should be brief and include:
- A brief introduction of the organization, its mission and history
- A concise explanation of the proposed partnership and how it supports the overall health and well-being of the community including details about the event or project date, location, etc.
- A current listing of the organization’s Board of Directors
The Marketing and Public Relations Department will notify the requestor of the decision.