Lung Cancer Screening
CT lung cancer screenings help to detect lung cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages, and are proven to reduce mortality by 20 percent.
Annual CT lung screenings are recommend for those who fall within the following criteria:
- 30-pack-year history of smoking (one pack per day for 30 years, two per day for 15 years, three per day for 10 years, etc.)
- History of smoking, and age 55 to 74
- Exposure to asbestos, and history of smoking
- First degree family history of lung cancer (father, mother, brother or sister) and age 50 or older
- Former smoker; 15 years or less smoke free
For those who are eligible, a physician referral from your primary care provider is required. All lung cancer CT screenings include same day results and a consultation with a lung cancer patient navigator. A physician consultation will be scheduled for those with suspicious results, and the patient navigator will work with you to ensure timely follow-up with the appropriate specialists, based on your individual results. Screenings are quick and painless, and utilize the latest in safe, low-dose CT scanning technology.
The patient’s insurance will be billed for the screening. Check with your insurance provider for coverage details.
Call 812.981.6208 to schedule today.