As an NAPBC accredited breast program, the Baptist Health Floyd Cancer Center has an interdisciplinary steering committee called the Breast Program Leadership (BPL) team that is responsible for goal setting, as well as planning, initiating, implementing, evaluating and improving all breast-related activities in the center.
Among their duties, each year, the BPL conducts or participates in two or more center-specific studies that measure quality and/or outcomes, and one or more of our physician members participate in their specialty-specific quality improvement program. The findings are communicated and discussed with the breast center staff and participants of the interdisciplinary conference, or the cancer committee, where applicable.
The Baptist Health Floyd BPL team includes:
- Naveed Chowhan, MD, Medical Oncology, Medical Director of the Cancer Center
- Roseline Okeke, MD, Medical Oncology, Medical Director of High Risk Breast Clinic
- Gina Borden, RN, OCN, Director of Oncology Services
- John Clayton, DO, General Surgery
- Kelly Colomb, MD, Radiology
- Tasha Dotson MA, CRC, Clinical Trials Coordinator
- Lanny Gore, MD, General Surgery
- Kristy Helm, RN, OCN, Breast Nurse Navigator
- Roger Holland, MD, Radiation Oncology
- Michele Hoskins, CTR, Program Manager of Cancer Registry
- Evelyn Hunter,MSW, LSW, Social Worker
- James Rizzo, MD, Pathology
- Kay Stevens PT, MS, Manager of Rehab Services
- Jill Wesp RT,(R)(M), Supervisor of Women’s Imaging
Other ad hoc members include representatives from dietary, marketing, plastic surgery and radiology.